Any of the thebat.exe from Maxim solve the problem. The issue started when
Stefan changed the view.
Yes I have tried. Options / Prefernces / Other Options / [X] Use Denser Display
It helped get a little tighter. But it's still not as dense as before. If
Stefan would add to the GUI or in the INI the file adjustable values we can
change the spacing between the messages by points that would help manually.
You did not say which "older" thebat.exe solves the problem. Your message does
not thread for some reason, so I cannot get back in the trhead. However, maybe
this helps:

Options / Prefernces / Other Options / [X] Use Denser Display

@Stefan: You we have this ticked as default, along with [X] Display "old style"
tree view? I have not heard anybody saying that they like the new styles.
Thanks.

Yes the font is correct. size 8. It's the blank spacing between messages
and folders. It's the newer .exe file that's the only difference.

> Have you made sure you are using the same font in both cases?
>> the spacing on message list is still larger.  >> I put back an older
>> thebat64.exe and it's much tigher density, so >> the fix is not the same as
>> the original layout.
-David

'Using TBBETA' information: