A Bat-fellow, Allie°M,
wrote on Sunday, August 12, 2001 at 12:08:41 (GMT -0500),
which was 19:08 in Bratislava --

AM> I suggest writing to Ritlabs about the persistent bugs you've
AM> noted.

The post was CCd to Alexander L. at the Bugs department. He had
already confirmed earlier he knows about the bugs.

Meanwhile I'm back to Beta/4 because my Reply templates rely on the
"else" structure of %IF macros and none of them worked in Beta/6.

I forgot to add last time that the HTML versions of CNET newsletters
are still unreadable in Beta/6 (columns of text overlap each other) as
they were in Betas 3 through 5. The old html viewer in 1.53 rendered
them perfectly. So does Opera after I export the newsletter from TB!
into Opera's browser window... (In a separate post I'm sending a copy
of the CNET newsletter to Diman.)

A> Wow! I've been using the RTFV exclusively since the little HTML
A> mail I receive renders just fine and I do prefer the RTFV
A> especially now that I can select all text with the keyboard.

I'm delighted by the possibility, in the fixed-width viewer, to select
not just all text but any portion of text in the Preview window with a
few strokes of the keyboard. This is one of the great benefits that
set TB above Outlook, in my mind. Now the RichTextViewer reminds me of
Outlook too much in that it makes easy selection of portions of text
in the Preview window impossible.

--
Yours,
Alex. of Slovakia

[flying with The Bat! 1.54 Beta/4
under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
amd k6-2 500 mhz processor with 128 mb ram]