On 29 November 2001 at 5:06 pm Nick wrote:

> I was experiencing the same problem. That along with the funky wheel
> mouse implementation and the lack of task tray icon was enough to send
> me packing back a few betas.

Me too ... on Windows 95 (for the first time ever after two major
versions and a dozen or so betas installed) _but not_ on XP. Whether
the Connection Centre is, or is not, running appears not to matter
and, indeed, the inability to shut down is in itself unpredictable
(sometimes TB! shuts down OK).

I think this bug is bordering on the insoluble; it's as old as the
hills and I cannot even begin to suggest how any problem could be
tracked down short of something monitoring API calls.

Alastair