Kevin wrote:

> Hi All Beta Testers,
>
> Currently  having  a  problem with 1.54/13a, After
> installing  the Program, i opened it up to find my
> Account  (Which  is  protected  by a Password) and
> Also  the  same  folders  outside  my  account,  i
> decided  to  delete my Mail folder, and do a Fresh
> Restore,  this  worked.... until i closed TB! only
> to  open  it  up and find the same Folders outside
> the account again, and also the Exact same folders
> inside  my  account,  has something changed im not
> realising,  or could someone help me to have these
> folders not appear outside my account?

Me too, on beta 14. It sounds as though you have something similar to the attached.

I presume the 4 folders below "Alastair's Account" are something to do with common
folders. But why are they there?

My attempt at interpretation ... I note that the Inbox inside an account is called
'Inbox', whereas the common Inbox is called '\\\Inbox' in filters. I can see value in
directing mail from multiple accounts into \\\Inbox, but the implementation is
confusing. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the intention, but it would be better to have
a single "Common Folders" folder as root, ready for users to add their own folders,
rather than what
looks like a duplicate set of \\\Inbox (etc) which *doesn't* work
like the Inbox of an account.

(As an aside, I note that the problem with extra Backup tabs is still there; also, if
one of the 4 common folders is highlighted when Tools | Backup is chosen, there is no
account shown at all in the second step of the backup (thus it would appear not to be
possible to back up mail held in common folders ...).

Alastair