Hello Thomas,

   On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:22:29 +0800 (10.12.2001 09:22 my local time)
   you wrote about "Slow message finder",
   at least in part:

TF> I don't quite understand your reply. The body in a multipart message
TF> ends at the boundary where the first attachment starts. At this point,
TF> the TB search module should just skip the rest of this message and
TF> move to the next message.
_must_ do it, i.e - read tbi, find offset for next message, locate in
tbb

TF> Correct, but apparently the skipping part takes so much time it
TF> appears TB is actually searching through it.
If technique read char-by-char not used -yes, but try to write
test-prog for reading big file char by char (and, FYI, store last used
boundary, reconstruct it from last nnn chars, compare and make
choice...)

Well, I agree, what search-function is _not_ optimized now

AL>>  And it is NOT a toy

TF> What do you mean by that?
See my some words below - it current "state of art" search is hard and
complex task, even for skipping unwanted parts of message

 Alexander Leschinsky