Hello Stefan,

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:16:47 +0200GMT (20/12/2001, 01:16 +0800GMT),
Stefan Tanurkov wrote:

ST>   Basically, it only adds a new virus checking window for folders plus
ST>   a couple of issues is solved...

This is your changelog?

ST>   We have to release a new version in a couple of days, so please do
ST>   not blame us if there will be unfixed (long-standing) bugs in the
ST>   release version

Sorry, I have no understading for this policy. Should I warn the poor
folks on the German lists that the new version contains known bugs but
has been released nevertheless (if you do deicde to make this fatal
marketing mistake)? Please fix the bugs first, and then release. I can
with no good conscience recommend a buggy program. It is against all I
stand for (which includes quality in software products).

ST> - I have a strong suspicion we will be making
ST>   post-releases soon :-)  I am sorry about such a mess, but there were
ST>   some difficulties in the past several months making it tough to
ST>   develop the program intensively. Most of them were connected with
ST>   health issues, but I hope the life will get better in the next year
ST>   :-)

I wish you all good health. If the release of a new version is delayed
because of poor health, everybody will understand this, and I will be
the first one to defend you, should anybody critisise the delay. If a
buggy version is released just to keep a deadline, you will lose
customer confidence. Your competitors are not sleeping either, and
they will have a field day. Don't do that.

ST>   Thank you for your help and understanding!

Don't take this the wrong way, but my help in this case is in warning
you against the release of a product with known bugs.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t under Chinese Windows 98
4.10 Build 1998   with a Pentium II/350 MHz.