Hello Stefano,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:35:16 +0100GMT (09/01/2002, 15:35 +0800GMT),
Stefano Zamprogno wrote:

SZ> I'm going crazy :-(
>>From about 4days, TB is unusable, it stay 5 minutes to download
SZ> 30kbyte of mail ! (i have ADSL !!!) ,

The same happened to me last month with cable. It turned out I had my
firewall configured wrongly. When I turned it off, suddenly I could
download messages with no problem. So I went and checked, and finally
allowed NetBTSession Out to my cable provider (don't remember which
protocol and which port; I think it was an ICMP datagram that I needed
to allow through), and suddenly it worked again. The cable ISP had
changed something. In the office, I don't need to do this.

I didn't try whether I could download the messages with another mail
client, though. A side effect was that I could confirm that the
Connection Center doesn't time out; it was stuck at message 17/36 for
three hours. When I deleted the task, and then hit Check Mail again, a
few messages (depending on the size) would be downloaded before TB got
stuck again. Is that what happens at your side too?

What confuses me about your problem is that the bat*.tmp files appear
in the Desktop directory. On my box, they always settle in the
Windows\temp directory.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t under Chinese Windows 98
4.10 Build 1998   with a Pentium II/350 MHz.