My experience is that one is better off using GnuPG through the
GPGshell tray program than with The Bat's plug-in.  Reliability is
better and the options are greater.  I found some of TB's menu options
didn't produce with GnuPG, including poor key management.  The tray
options do not produce exta work, just extra control.

--
JN