Hello all,
Tuesday, July 9, 2002, Maxim Masiutin wrote:

>> not fixed here. Virus is still not detected in attached MSG message.
>> I forwarded message with Hybris virus and stored to Outbox without
>> warning. I tested it with last versions of AVG and Dr.Web plugins.

> How could this ocur? Kaspersky anti-virus did find the viruses in the
> attached message files.

I did some tests and here is a summary. I used original message sent
by Hybris virus with file BDLGAMBD.EXE included. I have TEST folder
and only this one message included. As plugin I used "AVG Beta/8
plugin" and last definitions update of AVG.

- I selected option Check for viruses" in Folder menu and checked this
  folder - I-Worm/Hybris virus detected in this message.

- I selected this message and then tried to Forward it as an
  attachment. I added rescipient and hit "Save Draft" option.
  Message was stored to Outbox without any warning. I did this
  again and Warning "Message from .... is infected. Virus checker
  reports: "I-Worm/Hybris" appeared. I hit OK, selected option
  "Save Draft" again and message was stored to Outbox without any
  warning again. I tried whole sequence 5-times and no warning
  was displayed. I don't understand this.

- I selected attachment 1.MSG, with included infected file
  BDLGAMBD.EXE and tried to save this attachment to disk - file
  1.MSG was saved to disk without any warning.

AVG developer didn't answered me yet, but it is not on plugin side,
I think.

--

Bye

Marek Mikus
Czech support of The Bat!
http://www.thebat.ipex.cz

Using the best The Bat! 1.61
under the worst Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
AMD ThunderBird 1,2 GHz, 256 MB RAM