Hello Dwight,

in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] was written:

DAC> In the browse window, the hotkey won't open OR close the memo window.
DAC> Even stranger--buggier.

No. Not buggier. You assigned the shortcut for 'Mark Thread as Read' to
memo view. 'Mark Thread as read' only works when message list is focused,
that's why you're in this trouble.

I don't know why you're unable to change it back to it's default, maybe
the assigned function is executed when you want to set the shortcut, THIS
would in fact be a bug.

Nevertheless you can delete 'SHORTCUT.CFG' file in your mail-dir and have
reset all shortcuts to it's default values, if you need.

I don't even understand why _suddenly_ a moaning about TB! shortcuts is
coming up, they are in that state for months, if not years, right now.
The biggest problem with them is: it's sooo much of them you can't avoid
binding some twice but focus related.
You only have 104/5 (+/- a few) keys on your keyboard, as nearly all of us.
And there's only a limited number of combinations possible, that don't
force you to get a sixth or seventh finger on each hand or using your feet
additionally to your hands for pressing the shortcuts.
And the simple logic is (taken the example of <Ctrl>+F):
Most people know this from searching in their favorite text editor.
But it's also known as 'Forward message'.
So simply imagine you've turned off preview pane ... what will <Ctrl>+F do
for you? Right, forward.
Well, to search the message text you'll simple have to be _in message
text_. And that's the whole simple logic behind.
It might not be the very best solution, but for _me_ this is near to it, as
I don't need the surgeon every evening to correct my fingers, just because
I used some _really strange_ shortcuts ("<Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Shift>+T, <F10>,
<Enter>" or similar crap stuff).

Reading your posting I get the impression the shortcut editor wasn't a
great idea, people assign shortcuts wild and without fear and blame The
Bat! for behaving 'strange' or even 'buggie'.
OK, checking routines have to be improved, but it's shown one more time:
most often the error is not inside the tower-case, but sitting in front of
the keyboard.
--
Best Regards
Peter Palmreuther

"No Woody!, I said TUCK the kids in bed!" -Mia