Hello Hans,

On Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 12:54:47 AM you [HG] wrote (at least
in part):

HG> Guten Tag Peter Palmreuther,

HG> am Samstag, 28. Dezember 2002 um 23:14 schrieben Sie:

Maybe you should try adjusting your template to use an English
greeting on TBBETA (and TBUDL and TBOT if you're subscribed to them)?

[Description about how to use a secondary address snipped]
HG> Well,  many ways are going to Rome!

Let them go ...

HG> But is it not so that the computer have to make our live sometimes
HG> more easy?

They should. They don't "have to", especially not if one don't want to
get used to it. In that case he or she should better not use
computers, as they only _CAN_ make life easier.

HG> ... But why must it be always be difficult?
[...]
HG> And if there will be a way to make it more easy why don't to go it!

I'm sorry. It seems you and Oleg misunderstood my mail.
I did not say this is _THE WAY_ to go. I did only share my knowledge
about "already existing ways" of doing it.
Of course there could be more easy ways of putting a secondary address
into To, CC or BCC fields, but Dave's mail read to me like "It would
be nice if there were _any_ way ..." in a meaning that let me come to
the conclusion: he did not know about the existing, albeit far from
perfect, ways.

HG> But in your mail you forgotten something all things will be 3 :)

No, I didn't.
1.) Only all _good_ things will be three.
2.) Your third "solution" ain't one. It's a 'different' way to insert
    an e-mail-address into a recipient field, but it's not one to
    "select a 'secondary address' instead of the primary one" as in
    your scenario there is no primary one anymore; you could have
    copied the address from anywhere else too, the whole stuff is not
    address book bounded anymore and therefore the "primary" and
    "secondary" attribute doesn't apply.

P.S.: 'STRG' is unique to German keyboards. When expressing key
      combinations in international lists you better use 'Ctrl' and
      the square brackets ([])are a sign of "optional" in many computer
      terms, while the angle brackets (<>) usually express (special)
      keys to press / use (e.g. <Ctrl>+C or <Ctrl>+V)
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

Without fanatics, the world would be a boring place

 Current beta is 1.62b17 | "Using TBBETA" information: