On Saturday, March 29, 2003, 6:22 AM, you wrote:

>>   3.) I'm thinking of reverting to the current release version to see if
>>   the hesitation disappears. I know that 1.62i can be installed over
>>   an older version but what about installing 1.62i over 1.63b7?

RK> I tried it, because TB was running ever so slow.
RK> It totally messed up my folders, I don't know why. While running 1.63b6, I
RK> had deleted some folders and moved their content into others, which I
RK> re-arranged in my folder structure. I installed 1.63b7 and everything went
RK> fine. Then, after noticing that things were really slow (especially
RK> closing TB) I went back to the 1.62 executable. Pure horror!

well, I had a similar problem, except I installed TB on my laptop and
tried to do a restore. Existing version is 1.63b5, and I installed 1.62.
There were no folders visible and filters didn't work. So I plugged in
the 163b5 EXE and everything came back. I have had some problems with
folders, but like you, I wait for the next release. I have been afraid
to move on to newer betas, because they introduced too many new features
( and bugs).

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/5 on Windows XP

 Current beta is 1.63b7 | "Using TBBETA" information: