--- Yuki Taga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> Wednesday, July 9, 2003, 5:39:46 PM, you wrote:
>
> MC> I am new to this list and to The Bat as well. I
> am currently
> MC> testing the latest beta version to see whether
> it works well with
> MC> the Japanese language too, being this the
> primary feature I am
> MC> interested in. I would like to know if there are
> other beta
> MC> testers who are currently testing the
> double-byte font
> MC> capabilities (Asian fonts) of The Bat.
>
> I'm waiting for this, but as far as I know it's
> going to be in the
> mythical version 2, not before.  At present, I
> believe TB has zero
> Japanese capability.
>
> Yuki

>  Current beta is 1.63b11 | "Using TBBETA"
> information:
> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Hi Yuki,

thanks for your reply. I do not believe that build
1.63b11 has zero Japanese capabilities at the moment.
There are several bugs to be fixed, but at least one
can write messages in Japanese. The problem, or at
least one of the problems, is that it cannot display
received Japanese messages written with an encoding
system other than S-Jis. It's quite a long time that I
have been waiting for a Japanese-capable The Bat and
do hope that version 2 is not too far away.

Kind regards

Mario