Hello all,
Thursday, July 24, 2003, Michal Kosinski wrote:

> Q: Is there a planned port to Linux?
> A:  We  are  planning  to make the Linux version when Delphi for Linux
> will be available (this year, as promised by Inprise, Inc).

> Delphi for Linux was released (Kylix) but they do not longer use
> Delphi, do they?

yes, Delphi6 is still used, but Kylix cannot be used. AFAIK program
must be written or rewritten to Kylix, it is not possible to only
compile source code from Delphi to Kylix, it uses new non-compatible
libraries.

> Q:  How  extensive  will the plug-in support be? Meaning, can new menu
> items, macros, functions etc. be added?
> A:  Almost  everything  will  be  plug-in/script  driven  (menu items,
> toolbar buttons, macros, filter actions etc. included).

> Quiet there.

macros yes, filter actions and buttons in later versions.

> Q:  Are  there  any  changes  to the filtering subsystem? For example,
> grouping of like filters, copying filters between accounts ETC.
> A:  Yes,  we  plan  a  lot  of  changes  in filtering system including
> grouping,  action lists, more criteria etc, etc. The definition of the
> account  will  also be changed. User accounts within The Bat! and mail
> accounts will be clearly separated.

> Does anyone here remember one beta version with new filtering system which
> was accessible with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+T combo?

1.54/Beta9 :-)

> Q:  Are  there any changes to the address book? i.e. Different address
> book support for different accounts.
> A: Yes. Also, large address books will not require much memory.

> N/A till now.

implemented, accounts with user rights have own AB.

> Q:  Will  v2.0 finally support threading by "References:" headers only
> (i.e. there is no "in-reply-To:" header).
> A: Yes. We did not do it in the current version because of the message
> base format...

> We've got it, right? Or am I missing something here?

yes, we have it.

> Q: and viewing href'd images?
> A:  This  will  be possible when we will write our own Web browser - I
> guess,  this is a topic for another interview, but you should wait for
> it for several months :-)

> I'd better not comment on this one, probably most of your here won't
> too ;-)

as I saw in one document about new Office2003, MS will disable this
feature in a new Outlook :-)

--

Bye

Marek Mikus
Czech support of The Bat!
http://www.thebat.cz

Using the best The Bat! 1.63 Beta/11
Notebook Acer, Pentium4-M 2.2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, ADSL line

 Current beta is 1.63b11 | "Using TBBETA" information: