Hello Robert Golovniov,
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:48:57 +0300 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, August 1, 2003, 11:48:57 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,

Robert Golovniov wrote:

> On 28 липня 2003 р., 17:54:59, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

TF>> I'm not Stefan, but by definition an alpha-version is for in-house
TF>> testing, and a downloadable test version will be called beta. ;-)

> Oh,   Thomas,  thank  you  for this clarification. As the saying goes,
> Live and Learn!

Well, some alpha's and even engineering versions of some
software/hardware are very limitedly distributed to those who know what the program
does and
really donot mind blowing something up...
Note I am not saying the bat is in that category but I do remember
some software I was send to be tested where the serial number was 1.
Didnt work at all in some cases(g).
Some of that sofware never even made it to release stage and thats one
of the reasons one doesnt want prerelease software or hardware to
start floating around... If it doesnt work it can kill the final
product. The reverse can also be true as I know of one homecomputer
manufacturer which bit the dust in the past as their product had been
designed by them on a commercial machine to make the chip layout and
nobody had ever told their engineers that sticking 2 oscilators next
to each other in a microchip is just as bad an idea as with mechanical
ones...
Obviously they blamed the program not their engineers(g).
Their chip was higly unstable, and the computer deservedly flopped....

Anyway a practical question:
If I upgrade since I am back online to v2 beta, is it going to be any
problem importing data from v1.6x data and secondly will it timeout???
I mean arent we supposed to have some cutoff to pay for an upgrade and
for the fun of running betas and finding bugs....
To be honest, running these betas is more fun then receiving my
emails... Also I had a major disaster on my hands, not due to the bat
but it made me realise that some things might be done better.
My request follows later...

tracer

 Current beta is 2.0b1 | "Using TBBETA" information: