On Monday, August 11, 2003, Olivier Mascia wrote...

> Does  TB  store messages count somewhere ?

I believe Stefan mentioned that the counts are a "work in progress"
thing. I'd have to check, I know there has been a lot mentioned on the
counts being "off". But yes, I'd say the message count could be stored
somewhere... TB keeps a 'cached' copy of the message trees on moving
away from the folder, this saves loading time, and makes for a
slightly lighter load on the server... On reselection of a folder, it
has to validate the boxes, this isn't unusual, and so the count would
be off for a bit.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

 Current beta is 2.0b1 | "Using TBBETA" information: