Hello, Tony.

You wrote 11.09.2003 @ 0:44  in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  using mailer The Bat! (v2.00.6)

TB> Hello TBBETA,

TB> How often should I use the special menu option to mark mail as Spam or
TB> NOT Spam?

TB> Tell me if I got this correct.

TB> If Bayesit misses a spam, I use said menu to mark it as spam so
TB> Bayesit knows for next time?

TB> Likewise if it filters a good message as spam I mark it as NOT spam
TB> for next time?

Exactly!

TB> Or is it all part of the learning process and I have to do that all
TB> the time for all messages until it knows what is and isn't spam?

You can also do this, but it is useless: Bayesit itself learn a letter as "junk"
or "not junk" according to grade and threshold of "mark as junk" in The bat!
preferences. If you want to assign it again, this is no problem, but nothing
will happens, because BayesIt checks the dupes for such cases.

Simply - only properly mark all "mistaken" letter, and don't care about properly
recognized.

But - in current situation - don't warn about this operations at all, because
the filter doesn't make a self-learning yet, only collects the letters's
information and store it).

--
Sincerely,
 Alexey.

   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Current beta is 2.00.06 | "Using TBBETA" information: