Hello tbbeta,

I have been using the procedure described by Maxim Masiutin on "how to
obtain a free S/MIME certificate" at

All well and good.

These certificates have a validity of three months. So every three
months I renewed the procedure, using the then current beta version of
TheBat.

Last august, I encountered the problem discussed in
where TheBat seems to no longer recognize the .p7s extension and no
longer permits install of the certificate thru a right click. Still,
Leif's trick to save the .p7s file and import from the certificate
manager did work. I believe I was using 2.00 beta1 at the time.

I checked in the next beta versions for this glitch to be corrected.

It was not. I just retried the whole procedure with 2.00.6. The smime.p7s
sent by certum was not recognised. When I copied TheBat.exe 1.62r over
TheBat 2.00.6, the 'Valid Signature' icon was displayed for the same
message and was right clickable.

I believe this problem appeared after the PGP/MIME updates around
June.

 Jean-Michel

 Current beta is 2.00.06 | "Using TBBETA" information: