On 10/26/2003 4:55 PM, John Seymour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>      I have bayesIt installed (gm) version. Every time I download
>      new messages and the connection center imports and deletes from
>      server, I get 100% cpu usage. To start with I had a rather
>      large message base to train with, about 30,000 messages total.
>      28,000 non spam to 2000 spam. I thought maybe the base was too
>      large so I cleared the base and trained as the new spam came
>      in. Still with just 40 spam messages in database 100% cpu usage
>      and with 300 messages to download takes about 30 minutes to
>      complete. Is this normal plugin behavior or is there something
>      I missed. Any additional info needed just ask.

I have the same version of BayesIt and I'm running 2.01.15 of The Bat!
and I'm experiencing the same problem.  This is the first build in
which I've ever noticed this happening.

I don't believe it's a "feature" of the plug-in because I didn't have
this problem with 2.0-2.01.3, so perhaps something has changed with
The Bat's plug-in API that 04gm doesn't play nicely with?

For reference, here's what happens...

New mail is checked
New mail comes in
CPU spikes to 100% for at least 5-10 seconds
Memory usage jumps from 18MB to 32MB for same period of time

--
Michael Chambliss
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Current beta is 2.01.15 | "Using TBBETA" information: