Alexey N. Vinogradov, [ANV] wrote:

ANV> Yes, I am on dialup. One is real IMAP box, another is the port
ANV> from NNTP (using plugin NNTP2IMAP).

I don't know anything about the NNTP port plugin so I can't make any
comments with regard to it and how folders that use it are managed by
TB!.

ANV> I expected that such "remote" maintenance would be specially
ANV> marked as namely remote,

IMAP, in and of itself, implies remote mail management.

All that TB! really keeps locally is a cache of all that you've
downloaded so far.

Operations such as duplicate removal, compression etc. is done on the
folder and not on a cache of it. As a result, such operations are done
on the servers messages and hence, you'll need an active Internet
connection. TB!'s bringing up the dialer is therefore not surprising
when you start a folder maintenance operation without an existing active
connection.

ANV> and I'd not expected that The Bat! will dial during the
ANV> operations that seems to be related to local folders (or local
ANV> "mirrors" of remote folders).

Your IMAP folders shouldn't be considered local folders. They're
really local representations of folders on the server. You may choose
to cache what's on the server locally, but that's all you're really
doing.

ANV> Do you know the exact list of maintenance features which require
ANV> established internet connections?

If it's an IMAP folder, then all of them will. :)

--
     -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
   PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com

 Current beta is 2.03 RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: