Hello Patrick,

On Friday, March 12, 2004 at 1:38:02 PM you [PE] wrote (at least in
part):

[Try to change account by only changing the From address]
PM>> You'll have to change the account too in the new message (right click
PM>> account at the bottom of the window), not only the From address.
PE> ah, thanks..

PE> when i learn something new after years of using a program which i
PE> found out in other programs on the first day, i wonder if this is
PE> a good thing (TM)..

In this case it is. Other programs let you only choose from a fixed
set of From addresses, each belonging to one account. Therefore a
change of From address inherits the change of active account used for
this message.
The Bat! let you use (nearly) arbitrary From addresses. The fact you
choose the one from a different account means nothing to The Bat!,
could have been any address (IIRC From keeps it's own history, so once
you type in a From address it will be remembered and in drop down).
Therefore there is no relation "From address => account", but happily
the vice versa way works: if you select a different "Active account"
the From changes accordingly (and still can be changed if required).

All in all this is a good thing, I think. To be honest: most people
trying to change account via "choosing different From address" don't
really care if the message is sent using SMTP server A or B. As long
as From is correct it doesn't matter. So those who care about which
SMTP is used earlier or later learn how to change an active account
(and the corresponding e-mail address) correctly :-)
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

User, n: A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.

 Current beta is 2.05 beta 1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: