Hello Dierk,

DH>   Interestingly I seem to have lost those messages, they are not even
DH>   in the Trash bin. The Inbox is set to compress but not delete old
DH>   messages and doesn't have any limit (size or time) for holding
DH>   messages.

you know, since I use the mail ticker to read mail ( new mail only) and
only use the search function to hunt for other messages, I couldn't tell
you if I have lost any messages... my inboxes have hundreds of messages
in them that filters didn't move, and I haven't deleted (yet). I do know
my backup size is growing, so it must be adding new messages, but how
would I know if one was deleted without knowing which account to look in?

 Paul
Using The Bat! v2.10 RC/1 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 1
Mar2004 (4.1.357)  (avast! version number)
0416-1 (15.04.2004) (avast! DB version number)
4.1.357 (avast! plugin version number)

 Current beta is v2.10 RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: