ken green wrote:

Allie.. good gosh, man! What a great post!

<chuckle> Thanks!!!

I'm glad that you liked it and I do appreciate the goodwill comments of encouragement as this. It took me a while to actually decided to post those sentiments because I usually simply explore other options and move on when a better, more suitable solution is found. The problem is there's no really better one, so I have to just put in my strong wishes and comments, hope that I'll be listened to, and that many will support my views, making my opinion that much stronger. :)

Your comments about IMAP growing in popularity ring true for me.  I
know people that didn't even know what IMAP was a year, who now tout
it as the next great thing (Outlook/Outlook Express users).

Could it be (shudder...) that Microsoft products are much better IMAP
clients than The BAt?  Yikes!

MS sees the demand for it and now support it. Simple. :) They're a very reactive company with this sort of thing. They're usually late and try to take over. The fact that their clients support IMAP is proof enough that there's a demand for the protocol to be supported. There are so many now who do mobile computing via PDA's, laptops and other portable solutions. It's not a fad but a change in how we do our work and how we communicate. Though webmail is one way out, we all know the limitations those interfaces provide. IMAP is the natural solution to that limitation. IMAP has a SOLID presence and future.

It doesn't seem that far off for clients like Mulberry and the like to
catch up to TB in overall functionality and speed.

They're already working reliably and this is the problem. The problem is more basic than a catch up with other functionality.

--
-=[ Allie Martin ]=- | List Moderator
  PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com

 Current beta is v2.10 RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: