Hello Clive!

On Sunday, May 2, 2004 at 4:51:48 PM you wrote:

> I'm afraid that's over simplistic, Dierk.

Always the semantition (aaaaargh), I am: My statement may have been
too close as I only referred to one problem mentioned, the only one I
am actually aware of, that is. But it sure wasn't "simplistic", which,
BTW, is a term describing your - perfectly understandable - notion
that TB's IMAP implementation doesn't work while other clients' do.

From what I've read here, TB's implementation is far from satisfying,
let alone complete or perfect, but it does work ... sort of. I don't
remember how many people mentioned the same trouble Allie has (no
connection, or something very similar), but his to me is the closest
to "unworkable". So, take his case in this case as an illustration.

The only thing I try to counter is the use of anecdotal evidence for
broad and principal arguments.

--
Dierk Haasis

The Bat 2.10.03 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1

Chat info for ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber upon request

Any fool can make a rule - and every fool can mind it. (Henry David
Thoreau)

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: