Hi Peter,

On 10 July 2004 at 02:01, Peter wrote:

> From my experience, using CC setting "Automatically" (Options |
> Preferences | Display Connectiom Centre):
> - using only POP accounts, the CC shows in the task bar when active, and
> disappears from the task bar when it's finished.
> - after adding that one IMAP account, which is set to just check every 5
> minutes, the CC shows in the taskbar from the moment I start TB,
> constantly showing the task to the fastmail.fm IMAP account.

I can confirm that, and I believe it is the correct behaviour (maybe
not the desirable one though) since the IMAP account is connected to
the server. The connection's just not doing anything.

I have tried a number of different combinations of settings for IMAP
and some will make the box disappear after a period of time. An
unfortunate side effect of those combinations, however, is that the
connection doesn't always reestablish or is much slower to establish
when you click on a folder in the account again. (At least that's my
perception. I haven't spent time testing it.) I've resorted to setting
the Display Connection Centre under Options/Preferences/General to
Hide.

> I would like it to show, in the taskbar, only when _really_ active,
> connecting to the IMAP server. As I wrote before, for now that one IMAP
> account is just sitting there, not really being used.

I mainly used the Connection Centre as a way to tell that I had a
problem. If it stayed open (when I was using POP accounts) that was a
sure-fire way to tell that I had a problem. I've got 12 accounts and
with the current system, I have to check the log for each one if I'm
having a problem. My first preference would be an implementation of
some type of error notification. Then I'd only need to call the
Connection Centre via the shortcut keys if I was having a problem and
needed to look into it further.

--
Regards,
Terry

Using The Bat! v2.12 Beta/7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

 Current beta is v2.12 RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: