Dear David,

@19-Sep-2004, 20:45 David Elliott [DE] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Marck:

DE> I have top level filters that will catch all messages and also
DE> have continue filtering matched.

Oh. That's not the best way to do it. At all.

DE> Lets go back to the filters.

DE> Frends ...............:- Top level, match all, continue filtering
DE>  Marck D Pearlstone ..:- 2nd Level, match to Marck as sender, move to 'Marck'
DE> Lists ................:- Top level, match all, continue filtering
DE>  TB UDL ..............:- 2nd Level, match to TBUDL as recipient, move to 'UDL'
DE> SPAM .................:- Top level, match all, continue filtering

When I tried that, it ended up duplicating messages, placing copies in
folders for every rule that matched. Results are certainly
unpredictable.

I have this structure and it works right every time:

Lists.. ............ : top level, match address group "lists"
   TB lists          : 2nd level, Match Reply header thebat.dutaint.com
      TBUDL          : 3rd level, Match Reply header, move to folder
      TBBETA         : 3rd level, Match Reply header, move to folder
      ...            : 3rd level, Match Reply header, move to folder
   Specific List 1   : 2nd level, Match as Reply header, move to folder
   Specific List 2   : 2nd level, Match as Reply header, move to folder
   Specific List 3   : 2nd level, Match as Reply header, move to folder
   Specific List 4   : 2nd level, Match as Reply header, move to folder
Friends ............ : top level, match address group "friends"
   Specific Friend 1 : 2nd level, Match as sender, move to folder
   Specific Friend 2 : 2nd level, Match as sender, move to folder
   Specific Friend 3 : 2nd level, Match as sender, move to folder
   End stop          : 2nd level, move to Friends container folder

DE> So I have been lead to believe that the last move will be the
DE> action that is carried out.

All applicable actions will be carried out. And TB is left confused.

DE> So the message should end up in UDL not Marck.

I think there's no guarantee about where messages will end up nor how
many of them :-).

... <snip>

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v3.0.0.15 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2