Hello Mary,

Sunday, October 10, 2004, 2:30:05 PM, you wrote:
MB> Okay, so that's a clue. But I was trying to type October and it balked
MB> at the "t". I wanted to search my sister Sue's folder to see if I'd
MB> forgotten which weekend she was planning to make a trip--we have a
MB> regularly scheduled Sunday afternoon phone date and she was 40 minutes
MB> late calling. While I was fiddling with that search, she did
MB> call--incredibly busy with what Texas loads on its teachers. :)

I think Richard has hit the nail on the head here.  I'm not sure if
its' a feature or a bug, but Quick Search (at least on RC6) only
matches up to two characters.._if_ it finds a match...if there is no
"Oc" it goes on to the next letter, otherwise it ignores all entries
beyond that.

In all honesty, its' an odd bug.  For example, type "roelof Otten"  it
works all the way, and no characters are deleted...not even spaces.
Neither does "raymond"  however "re:" exhibits the same behavior.
Its' got to be an odd REGEX problem with how Quick Search searches.

Weird.

MB> I really think I'm going to be driven to an uninstall and a Registry
MB> clean.

I don't think that will fix the "Quick Search" problem above, but it
might fix your odd Send Mail as a result of Quick Search problem...

MB> I keep popping up all these idiosyncratic little defects in my copy of
MB> RC6, beginning with refusal to overwrite the Help file.

LOL.  That's why we're Beta testers right? Just so we can be the
special people that find idiosyncratic defects!

 Scott

Using TB: 3.0.1 RC5 On Windows XP: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
And Avast!: Jun2004 (4.1.418) with DB: 0441-2 (08.10.2004) & TB Plugin: 4.1.418

 Current beta is 3.01 RC/6 | 'Using TBBETA' information: