Dear Alexander,

   -->> Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2004, 18:24:37:

> And are you using 3.0.1.33 now? This is the 3.01 release version.

Yes to your question. I just downloaded the latest release and saw
that it's the same as I downloaded yesterday.

> If I were you... I'd...

Your answer is far the best for a long time that it seams to make
sense to me. Please no offend to all others.

Let me as some questions to have it got right:

> 1. copy the entire TB folder somewhere safe

you mean the apps folder or the data folder?

> 2. backup the registry settings

will do ...

> 3. make a backup from within TB

will do also ...
Any thing I have to consider? I've never used this feature.

> 4. uninstall TB

ok ...

> 5. wipe *anything* left from the installation
>    (especially check if you still have entries in the control panel,
>    add/remove programs, remaining files, plugins, registry entries and
>    whatever else)

Control Panel? which one is this (I run a German version)

> 6. make a clean re-install & do NOT yet restore your backup

ok!

> 7. freshly create your account(s) in TB

is one enough or all of them?

> 8. check what happens

Will report back!

> If the error occurs again now, your system is corrupted somehow...

hope not /finger crossed/

> If it doesn't happen with a clean re-install & fresh account data,
> its something with your TB files, or the TB registry entries. Try
> restoring your backup you made with the internal backup utility. If
> it still works, it was your registry, it not... uh-oh... how could
> we find the faulty message, or folder, or whatever it may be?

hope not either as there are so many of them /double crossing my
fingers/

--
   best regards
www.EddieCastelli.com

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: