Hi Michael,

MLW> TB BETA ERS,

MLW> Why do so many macros exist, when no one wants to see them used.

MLW> BayesIT! has macros, Bayes Filter has macros, MyMAcros has macros,

MLW> Zombie has MAcros, yet no one seems to use them and no one wants them

MLW> included in messages.  Why?

Saying "no one" means you are speaking for everyone, a pretty large group to speak for... Anyways, macros are very powerful tools. The BayesIt macros for instance. I have a quick template set up with BayesIt macros. These macros retrieve the number of ham and spam, the number of misclassified mails and calculates the error rate. This QT is set to send itself to me daily at a predetermined time. I also have a weekly and monthly template. All the data is handled and calculated via macro. This is just one example of macro use, I use them in all my new mail templates, replies, forwards etc. It helps to cut the time and keeps you from making mistakes (wrong name in the greeting is a good example), couldn't live without them myself. I guess this means "no one" is incorrect... :)

Also the macros are not included in the e-mail... just the data that the macros place in the e-mail goes in the stream. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you are driving at here is some sort of malicious logic being transferred via macro... can't happen... Look at this e-mail with "View Source", press F9. At the bottom I use a macro to place my OS and TB version to help the Ritlabs guys if I have a problem. With view source, you will see only the text that the macro has placed in the e-mail, not the actual macro itself, that stays resident on my computer.

--

  Mike Rourke

:flag-us-tx: :flag-thailand:

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

The Bat! 3.0.2.1

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: