Hello Allie!

On Tuesday, October 19, 2004, 7:19 PM, you wrote:

MB>> However, if one cannot choose, in View/Global View Mode the
MB>> option "No View Mode," why is it there and why does it allow me
MB>> to put a tick--a dot--beside it to choose it?

AM> You can choose it. What you're doing when you choose this option
AM> is specifying that you do not wish all your folders to be using a
AM> single view mode. You're freeing up the folders to be configured
AM> to use their own specific view modes. I have that options
AM> selected.

Allie, my question above to Nick Andriash was in the nature of a
rhetorical question because he had stated that "No View Modes" was not
a choice option. I think perhaps he was looking in
Options/Preferences/Messages/View Modes when he wrote his argument to
me, although I didn't figure that out when I replied to him with the
comment to which you have replied.

Obviously, I can *choose* it, in The Bat!/View/Global View Modes. I
*have* chosen it.

And if your analysis and that of Stuart Cuddy is correct--and i
believe that it is--the drop-down menu is working as designed.

But the wording is quite confusing, as I said in my other post in
Reply to you this morning, in that one has no clue when using The
Bat!/View/Sort-by that settings chosen there are now, since v. 2.11,
temporary.

So. Either keep the function of The Bat!/View/Sort-by temporary.
Stuart Cuddy regards that behavior as useful. And re-word the
drop-down menu to reflect that changes made here in Sort-by are
temporary and specific for the particular folder.

Or: Change the behavior of The Bat!/View/Sort-by to make it consistent
with what happens when one clicks on a Column Name or when one
configures the parameters in The
Bat!/Options/Preferences/Messages/View Modes.

I may be getting there. I'm heading toward putting an amending note to
my BT report on this issue,

https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=3962

Mary
The Bat 3.0.2.1 (Professional Edition) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: