Hello Allie!

On Friday, October 22, 2004 at 1:11:00 AM you wrote:

> Even if digitally signed with a verifiable PGP/SMIME signature?

Yes. the German Ministry of the Interior is working on a centralised
and completely new electronic signature for years now; they don't
want the decentralised way PGP works. One of their goals is to have a
copy of the private key with the authorities. Of course business
and human rights spokesmen are heavily opposed to this.

> I'm not surprised that this would be the courts position on unsecured
> e-mail. The way to battle this problem wouldn't be to make it
> difficult for users to edit received mail. The way to battle it is
> through the use of PGP/SMIME.

As the German saying goes: "Du rennst bei mir offene Türen ein." ("You
are preaching to the converted.")

--
Dierk Haasis
:Dierk: Copy 'n' Concept

The Bat 3.0.2.1 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

Chat info for ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber upon request

He who wins by injustice may dominate the present day, but history
will always judge him to be a shameful loser. (Kim Dae Jung)

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: