Hello Dierk Haasis & everyone else

25-Okt-2004 18:57, you wrote:

> Sorry, I don't see "teaching" in Mary's, just a behest to make it
> easier for her to read what you meant instead of what she has to
> interpret.

Just to get this straight - where is the need to "interpret" anything?

I pointed out to MaXxX that he is using the %WRAPPED() macro in a wrong
way, and that he should try his experiments again using the macro as stated
in the help file (and YES, I did complain that he didn't read my message
carefully).

During the daily commandline usage I'm used to placing quotation marks
around a parameter whenever it contains white spaces, and that I can leave
them out otherwise. So TB's parameter passing scheme actually is logical to
me. Computers work that way. The commandline interfaces or shells of
computers always worked that way for me (there are exception, too), so I
did not see the quotation marks issue once the wrong usage of %WRAPPED()
would be sorted.

Further, it may be overlooked that the "general helpfile statement" that
using either quotemarks or parenthesis for parameter passing is both
working equally good (for single parameters, and that is stated in the
helpfile as well) has an exception. That exception is the %WRAPPED macro
(which has a new and an old version, as I pointed out in my first reply to
MaXxX - and thats why it is meantioned in the list of macros in the
helpfile twice, with the new and the old syntax) - and thats why MaXxX's
experiments failed, if I'm not entirely and terribly mistaken.

One may draw the conclusion that the helpfile can be improved regarding
that topic, and especially the quotation mark usage, if I understood Marck
correctly.

Finally, I'm almost expecting to see a "MOD: Dead Horse" after this reply.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)
 using v3.0.2.1 on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

There was never an idea started that woke men out of their stupid
indifference but its originator was spoken of as a crank. -- Oliver
Wendell Holmes

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: