On 26/10/2004, Martin Schoch wrote:
> Yes - confirmed - my firewall says that it is a ping request.

"pings" dont go to ports 139 and 445 - these are netbios ports. There
are some ping requests just before the other ports are connected to.
There is definitely something wierd here. I've just run ethereal (a
network sniffer) on the network activity the bat generates on this
message and what something like firefox generates on the same html.
Its quite different.

In fact I'd hazard a guess that the network trace the bat generates
looks horribly like the one Internet explorer generates when it views
the message. I didnt think the bat used the MS html component?

I'm going to dig around a bit more....

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams -- http://www.quintic.co.uk
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, UK

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: