On Thursday, October 28, 2004 at 5:23:34 AM [GMT -0500], Allie_M
wrote:

> Just a test to see what wrapping is like on sending with this
> editor. I see wrapping while typping, but we'll see how wrapping
> goes after sending and I have to read it.

Wow!. Go figure. This test message was supposed to be sent to one of my
own addresses. I vividly recall replacing the To: address with my own
address. This is bizarre. Ah well. It could have been worse. I could
have written some expletives or some other sort of socially unacceptable
prose as my test material. ;)

Anyway, from my test here, it would seem that all of the Windows Editors
wrapping is soft or virtual. Though the quotes seem to be rewrapped in
classic saw-toothed fashion, and your new text is wrapped as you type,
it's just soft-wrapping for visual comfort. None of that wrapping is
actually hard-coded in the message formatting for sending. So no
wrapping takes place at all.

It's the 'smart wrapping' feature that saves me when I generate replies
to messages from many who use the Windows editor. Their text is
unwrapped and without 'smart wrapping', each paragraph appears in
MicroEd as a long single line of text. MicroEd shows you the exact text
formatting. It doesn't fool you into thinking text is wrapped when it
really isn't.

--
-= Allie =-
..... Only those who do nothing make no mistakes.