Hello Stuart!

On Thursday, October 28, 2004, 1:43 PM, you wrote:

SC>   I normally read my tbbeta using Thread by Reference and sort by
SC>   Created in Reverse order. I just noticed that my sorting seemed a
SC>   bit odd so I just checked. Even though the little arrow in the
SC>   header bar was pointing up in the Created column when I checked in
SC>   Manage Viewmodes it showed Sort by Subject. Changing this to Sort by
SC>   Created seems to have fixed things, but it seems an odd way for
SC>   things to work. Any one else see something different depicted in
SC>   the two areas.

Yes. Options/Preferences/Messages/View Modes had different settings
from both my column names and my View drop-down menu, when I first
found out the Preferences setting fields were there. (That's where the
"Manage View Modes" option in the right-click context menu takes you
to, at least, here, it is.)

This was back when I had the puzzling non-stick behavior in the
drop-down menu on my mind.

I filled in the fields in Preferences to correspond with my preferred
viewing style, Sort by Received time in descending order, View Threads
by None. Now everything matches and the match between column names and
the Preferences fields has been stable.

Mary
The Bat 3.0.2.2 Rush on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2