On Thursday, November 04, 2004 at 4:42:26 PM [GMT -0500], Martin
Webster wrote:

> My IMAP server is on a home network and TB! was configured to
> disconnect from the server when idle for 5 seconds. I only retrieve
> message headers.

I've never really used this setting except for at work where my
connection is slower.

> With this setup TB! would frequently pause for 2-3 seconds while I was
> reading mail/switching to next message.

I still have the pauses and suspect it occurs when there are new
messages during a IMAP folder count refresh.

> Clicking from folder to folder in frustration (as you do...) :-)
> doesn't seem to help matters.  However, if I deliberately disconnect
> from the server (Shift+Ctrl+F2) and then attempt to read a message the
> same behaviour and delay is observed. This is also confirmed in the
> status bar: IMAP - Session finished. I now keep the connection alive
> at all times and don't have the problem at all and would be interested
> to know if others keep a permanent connection or automatically
> disconnect after a period of no activity.

Yeah. Done this and still the pauses occur. I often bring up the CC to
see what's happening and it always seems to be stuck at updating the
folders counts and headers when new messages are there.

--
-= Allie =-
..... Oxymoron: Removable sticker.

 Current beta is 3.0.2.4 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: