Dear Thorvald,

Going back 08:17 19.11.2004...

> Port 587 works with STARTTLS and TLS works with 465. I am not sure
> why.

Because they conform to the RFCs. 587 is the "mail submission port"
that must provide STARTTLS and AUTH, and 465 is the (legacy)
sSMTP/SMTP-over-SSL port that works with SSL from the beginning of the
connection.

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
We can predict everything, except the future.

The Bat! 3.0.2.5 serving on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.2.7 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: