ASK> Hello Michael Schneider & everyone else,
ASK> on 19-Jan-2005 at 12:49 you (Michael Schneider) wrote:

>> TheBat!  focuses  on  (semi)professionall  users  with it features,
>> look&feel,  etc.  -  not  on  John  Doe  homeusers who want to send
>> funpics all two to three days.

ASK> And  I  am  glad  about this, but do you expect Ritlabs to make a
ASK> living  out  of  supporting  that  existing and rather small user
ASK> base?

Do you have numbers or is it a wild guess?

ASK> The  license fees, summed up for v1 + v2 + v3, are something like
ASK> $70  maybe  (in the past 3 years for me, much longer for others),
ASK> is  this *really* worth to make so much noise each and every time

I agree with everybody that complaints about real problems. TheBat has
problems  so  I  think it's legitimate to complaint. It's not really a
matter  if  the product is cheap or expensive, it a matter if it works
correctly  or  not  and  if  Ritlabs  is  doing what has to be done to
correct the flaws.

ASK> the  "were is the next update" topic comes up? Why don't you send
ASK> your complaints directly to Ritlabs if you're so unhappy?

It's good to know that you're not alone.

ASK> And  btw.,  the  reason for each and every version and every paid
ASK> update for me was, in the end (after a bit of public ranting when
ASK> the next unexpected paid update arrived, I admit I am human), the
ASK> belief  that  supporting  a small independent company with a good
ASK> product  that costs an IMHO absolutely neglectable license fee is
ASK> a good idea in those rotten times we live in.

Overall  I'm happy with the product and I believe most people complain
is too. But we could be happier...

Goncalo Farias

Morbid............ A higher offer.