On Friday, January 21, 2005 at 4:41:26 AM [GMT -0500], Avi Yashar
wrote:

I've done some testing and as an IMAP user, I can't use later than the
v3.0.2.5 without more problems than I currently have.

> Is it just me. When I receive a message from someone who has
> apostrophes in her/his name, then the Quote Name Limit feature goes
> bonkers.

Does it really? Or does the outputted initials exceed your specified
quote name limit?

> For example when I reply to a message from "A'ca'rya
> Somethinga'nanda Avadhu'ta", what I get is lines that begin with
> "AcrSnAt>", regardless what limit I set (currently 4 and based on
> initials).

The quote name limit doesn't affect what the outputted initials are.
The quote name limit denotes the maximum number of characters for a
quote prefix, after which TB! will ignore the prefix as being one.

For reply prefixing, you chose 'Initials'. TB! generates initials by
taking the first character in the name and then the first character
after a <space> , ' / - @ .
at least, since those were the ones I tested. Perhaps the way initials
are generated needs some revision.

However, the example you gave above, led to the creation of an
initialed quote prefix that is more than 4 characters long. As a
result, TB! ignored it as a quote prefix with your defined 'quote name
limit' at 4.

> Even more disturbing is the fact that this stops formatting as
> quoted text - lines begin without the quoted initials prefix.

This may be as a result of your having 'smart wrapping' enabled.
Disable 'smartwrapping' should cure this. You could also increase your
quote name limit.

--
Cheers,
 -= Allie =-