Good evening Max,

on Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:26:38 +0200 GMT your local time you wrote:

MM> using these as shortcust, remember that artificial acronyms may be a
shortcut for
MM> the writer, but they will not be easily interpreted by those unfamiliar
with them.

why not let TB (the viewer part) back the writer?

As implemented in the fabulous news reader "40tude dialog" you could consider
implementing a (possibly language dependant) file 'acro<lang>.dat' that
contains all
known acronyms in the form "ACRO=meaning".

The viewer can display the acronyms underlined and if the user places the mouse
over
it, it can display the meaning in a "bubble" near the mouse cursor.

When reading usenet postings I personally find it very helpful. And when
reading email
messages with TB I sometimes miss it :-)

--
Regards,
 Peter

  Using Ritlabs TheBat! 3.0.2.10 (OS: Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2)