Hello 9Val,

> Hmm,  that  "new"  thread  sorting is about an year old :)
>
> Sence  of  it  is  quite  simple  -  when  sorting by date threads and
> sub-threads   are  sorted  by  *newest*  message in the thread. Screen
> attached.  As  you  can  see,  recent  modified  thread  "comes to the
> surface", even first message is older

I guess I never paid much attention to this option in view modes. Now I
understand what it does, thanks :)

Yes, all 'new' things get old with time. Maybe you should think about
changing the name of this option. Perhaps something like "Use newest
date in thread when sorting by date"

And another suggestion. Perhaps this option should be disabled (greyed
out) if not sorting by date.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.2.10 on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4

 Current beta is 3.0.9.3 Pre-beta | 'Using TBBETA' information: