Hello 9Val and all,

As I use so many VFs I have started a somewhat systematic test and
verification of some of the problems I have seen so far with VFs in this
version 3.0.9.7.

I have selected two VFs that I use regularly, each on a different
account and that behave exactly the same and always the same.

VF1 - *To Me* I use this one to view replies to me on this list.

Properties:
 General Tab: No box ticked, Folder selected 'TBBeta' and 'Generic view
 mode'.

 Filter tab: Auto refresh ticked, Advanced filter settings ticked and
 filter = Colour is R_to_Me.

VF2 - *I-O Threads* I use this to see received (and not sorted yet) and
sent messages threaded by Reference (and now also by Subject, which BTW
I hate):

Properties:
 General Tab: No box ticked, Folders selected 'My Inbox', 'Inbox
 Unknown', 'Sent Mail' and 'Action-Reply' and view mode set to 'Threads
 (VF)' which threads by Reference (and now also by Subject, which I
 hate) with Subject as first column and Folder as last.

 Filter tab: Auto refresh ticked, Advanced filter settings ticked and
 filter = Any message.

Use and behaviour of these two VFs:

When I see there are unread messages in them, I select the VF, go to the
first unread, reply if needed and, if I think I don't need to come back
to it, _manually_ mark it as Read and go to next unread.

1.- When I reply to a message its icon is changed to replied.

2.- When I mark one as Read, the icon changes to Read but... the unread
count for the folder does _not_ change.

3.- If I move to another folder and later come back to one of these two
VFs, the messages I had replied to and/or marked as Read show the Unread
icon and no sign of if it was replied or not.

4.- When I select the folder on the folder tree and do a manual Refresh,
the unread count next to the name is updated and, most of the times but
not always, I get a blank message list pane.

5.- To get my message list back I have to move to another folder and
come back to the VF. Then is when I can see already read messages marked
as Read and replied as Replied.

And that is all for this one.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.9.7 Return (pre-beta) on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4

 Current beta is 3.0.9.7 Return | 'Using TBBETA' information: