(First message had inccorrectly quoted headerlines)

On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:43:10 +0100, Clive Taylor wrote:

> MAU was right in an earlier message about your headers. For some
> reason the leading and trailing < > are being stripped from the
> message references.

Yes. Mulberry shouldn't do that as it is against RFC-XXX (don't
know which one) recommendations/rules.

> Compare mine in the post I just made in this thread from
> Mulberry and yours - there is a difference. Why it's happening
> I don't know, though.

Let me quote the relevant header part of your message:

|         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|         .12]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This looks like a right mess. For one reason or another TB! adds
backslashes before the dots in the domain part of the Message-ID
in the In-Reply-To header line. Perhaps it thinks it should be
treated as a regular Expression? Moreover, my antique TB! 2.12
doesn't even recognize the format <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> as a
Message-ID!

On the other hand there is Mulburry, incorrectly cutting off
Message-ID's in the References headerline.

Conclusion: Two mail clients not treating References ID's as they
should do according to the relevant RFC.

Oh welll, I've seen even worse...

Arjan <shrug>