On Thu 26-May-05 5:43pm -0500, Mary Bull wrote:

> On Thursday, May 26, 2005, 5:26 PM, you wrote:
>
>>> So far this looks like a winner to me.
>
>> Try out, for example, the "Watch Replies In" feature.
>> This still looks like another loser to me.
>
> It's all in what you need. I never have used that feature. I think it
> will be put back, though.
>
> This is still a work in progress--a major re-write of the User
> Interface.

Then why release it.  It should remain a beta until
broken features are fixed.

> Meanwhile, this version installed with ease, hasn't crashed yet, has
> so far refrained from offering me an AV, is fast, sends and fetches my
> POP3 mail.

It installed well here because I used the RAR file.

After trying that MSI fix release, I don't trust them.
It failed to update 3.5.0.11 - even after I deleted
thebat.exe, the MSI installed 3.5.0!  Later I
discovered that RITLABS replaced the MSI with the old
version without notifying the group (the "notification"
was buried in a thread).

> For me, as a beta tester (and v. 3.5.18 is plainly a beta--said so
> in the download URL), the characteristics I note in the paragraph
> above make .18 a winner, if only for me. Though I look forward to even
> better and smoother functionality being offered to me soon. :)

Yes, .18 is a beta, but the release that broke actual
functionality was a full release - making it a real
loser.  Any beta that doesn't add broken functionality
is also a loser.

While I understand that many users love various
cosmetic tweaks, I like to work with the keyboard.  3.5
has taken away many shortcuts and causes working with
the keyboard to be more labor intensive.

BTW, Mary, as I said, the missing Watch "Replies in"
was just an example.

-- 
Best regards,
Bill

The Bat! 3.5.18 Pro  BayesIt! 0.8.1  X-Ray 1.4.0.0  XP Pro SP2  POP3



________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 3.5.0.18 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html
IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first -
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/

Reply via email to