Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 11:27:53 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Chris,

>> I am wondering if the time element in opening the full view pane is
>> allowing the message to be marked as read?

> Why don't you (at least for a test) go to Account/Properties/Options and
> deselect the "Mark the message as read when it is read for..." and
> manually mark the messages as read when _you_ (and not TB) decide you
> have read it?

Good idea! Tried this and the main reading window now opens correctly,
even with show only messages NOT read selected. Not quite sure where we
go from here though :) I would still like messages to be marked
automatically as read, with the option of a double click opening it in a
main window if I so desire. I'll play with the time settings for a
message to be marked read, although I feel an open in a pre view pane
message should still be openable in the main window with a double click
whilst that message retains focus in the threads list.

Thanks.

 Chris Wilson
                           The Bat 3.5.23 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build Number 2195
Service Pack 4