On Sunday, July 03, 2005 at 8:41:34 AM [GMT -0500], Dwight A Corrin
wrote:

> Maybe there is some way I'm missing to do a few other server side
> message management functions?

Nope. A lot of what you can do to messages in TB! are just POP stuff
which may be done only to the local cache copies of messages or the
local cache of the message list. These changes cannot be stored server
side since they aren't supported server side.

> I would like to be able to flag messages.

There are standard flags that are supported server side and that will be
seen by other clients. These are read, unread, priority, replied,
forwarded, important. Some servers, like Cyrus IMAP also support
non-standard flags that are configurable. Mulberry supports these
non-standard flag options that allows for colour labelling of messages.

TB!'s parking and flagging are not standard. I think TB! already will
use a non-standard server flag for it's own flagging, so you'll see the
flagging retained across different TB! installations. However, you'll
not be able to appreciate the flags when using other clients like
ThunderBird or Mulberry.

> I would like to be able to delete the HTML component of messages and
> have it stick.

I haven't tried to do this, but I think when you delete the HTML
component, you're deleting the HTML component from the cached copy of
the message and not the copy on the server.

--
  -= Allie Martin =-
The Bat! v3.5.36