I tried to take my chances with view folders again. I had a large folder
(contains 23482) messages. I created three views, one for 2002 mails, one for
2003 mails and one for 2004 mails. The views created and work like a charm, as
long as TB is running.

I had set 'auto-refresh' for each of this virtual folders. I also set 'Store
state between sessions" for each one either. I closed the bat and opened it
after a while. The first VF started to populate [*], and it took long.

1st Question: What is the meaning of the setting "Store state between
sessions" if auto-refresh takes ages?

2nd Question: I got tired of waiting each VF to populate, so I selected one of
them and press CTRL-R. It got refreshed INSTANTLY. I got back to the one that
was enumerating [*] and pressed CTRL-R. It stopped enumerating and refreshed
instantly showing the correct count. If refresh is instant, why "auto-refresh"
took so freaking long?

3rd Question: If I don't set 'Auto-Refresh' but "Store state between sessions"
is selected, the only thing I have to do is to press ctrl-r in order to got an
instant refresh. WHY, OH, WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS MANUAL PROCEDURE? It is
unintuitive and increases user frustration. It is so simple, why can't it be
done FAST & automatically?

[*] That is showing a counter increasing in Total columns.

--
George M. Menegakis, System & Network Administration
Using The BAT! v3.5.36