Hello Maxim,

On Wednesday, July 6, 2005, at 16:08, you wrote:

MM>   Please download 3.51 which is a replacement of 3.5.xx.

MM>   It fixes charset issues of the latest 3.5.xx

There still are a lot of charset related problems. Al my observations are
made on Windows XP, default windows locale is windows-1257 (cp1257).

Now there's a list of charset related bugs I found in 3.51

1) ISO-8859-4 is used as Baltic ISO. ISO-8859-4 is obsolete and replaced by
ISO-8859-13. ISO-8859-13 mapping to unicode can be found at
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-13.TXT

2) Mail ticker is able to display only characters from default windows
locale. For example my locale is windows-1257 and all cyrillic letters in
Mail ticker are displayed as question marks ?

3) Character display in header view has problems. Cyrillic letters are not
displayed when message encoding is utf-8, koi8-r, iso-8859-5. However when
message encoding is windows-1251, all cyrillic characters are displayed
correctly.

4) When message is composed in utf-8, then it is saved and then reopened for
editing, all my 8 bit characters are gone. Problem happens during opening of
saved message, because saved message contains all characters.
Marek Mikuš already reported this, I think.

5) MicroEd does not allow to enter characters outside default windows locale
even when I set charset to utf-8. Foir example I can't input cyrillic
characters in MicroEd when charset is set to utf-8. However I can enter
cyrillic letters when I set to koi8-r, iso-8859-5 or windows-1251.

6) Plain text windows editor does not allow to enter cyrillic letters at
all. Doesn't matter what character is set.

7) Russian letters turn into ? when I move between header fields during
message composition.

8) Switching from MicroEd to windows editor and vice versa corrupts text.
When I switch from MicroEd to windows editor utf-8 encoding isn't preserved
and all utf-8 sequences are displayed as 2, 3 or 4 characters. For example
Matiušaitis becomes MatiuÅaitis. Switching from windows to MicroEd siply
loses all characters which require 2, 3 or 4 bytes to code them in utf-8.

Well, that's all for now.

--
Edvinas
Using The Bat! 3.51 with BayesIt! 0.8.1 on Windows XP Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.51 | 'Using TBBETA' information: