JW>  I doubt this. Had they known it, they would have fixed it. It turns
>> out to be an elusive bug, as some encounter it and others don't.

JW> Thomas,  perhaps  it is just a bug. But even if it was just a bug,
JW> why  did  RL  lose sight of their goal to publish a new release to
JW> replace  the  old  one that left out BayesIt? It seems likely that
JW> this  bug  got introduced along with the 3.51 MSI. So why not drop
JW> back  to  3.5.36  and make another stab at 3.51, this time without
JW> working  on  the  charset  issues?  Why did we see 3.51.1, 3.51.2,
JW> 3.51.3,  and  3.51.4  -  all playing with this same issue if it is
JW> just a bug and not an attempt to implement a new degree of unicode
JW> support?

Jay  I agree with you. I think that we are not really beta testing but
using beta versions. You may think there isn't a big difference but I,
personally, make a big difference.

Beta testing, for me, means that we are going to test specific, known,
changed features and their interaction with the rest of the program to
spot implementation problems.

Use  beta versions for me is like using unsafe, unreliable versions of
the   program  as  legitimate,  safe,  "known-bugs"  free,  production
versions.

IMHO  RL should define the beta cycles before releasing betas, tell us
what  they  expect to fulfill from the beta cycle.
Definitely  they  should  do  a development roadmap. This way we could
focus our attention.

Goncalo Farias

The further away from home you are the harder your pecker