9Val, thank you for your patience with all of my questions.

On 7/26/05, 9Val wrote:
> JW> If this be so, when do you suppose RL will look into the issue
> JW> involving the search engine hanging - for me, at least, whenever I try
> JW> to implement OTFE? In other words, the same search in Non-OTFE runs
> JW> fine; but after restoring from backup and trying to search the same
> JW> directories (now under OTFE), the search takes forever.
>
> Next  beta  serie.  Slow and hanging search (even in non-OTFE mode) is
> one of the major objectives.

So, given what you said below about version numbering (which I don't
entirely get yet, but won't argue any more about either), this next
beta series might not be so far in the future and I might actually be
able to implement OTFE soon. :Fireworks and Rockets Ascending to
Heaven: (hope everyone saw that).

> JW> And, last but not least, can RL give assurance that we can use 3.51.10
> JW> without worrying about the message content distortion and loss issues
> JW> that were reported in the early releases of 3.51?
>
> Yes, if you mean disappearing symbols from MicroEd

Yes, more or less. What I'm worried about is only words getting
jumbled - like from "words getting" to "wetting". :-)

I am also confused about this charset business. I have no idea what is
the best charset for me to use. One account seems to be set to default
at Latin 9 (ISO) and another account seems to be set to default at
Western European (ISO), and I have no idea when I made such a
decision. Nowhere was I using "Windows Default" or US ASCII (and I
don't understand what is the difference between the two) or whether
that would be better. Groan. All I want is for my messages to go out
the same way as I type them. But I guess this is the subject of
another thread... one of those "(Was...)" threads.

Again, thanks, 9Val for your patience in answering my questions.

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.51.10